HOW WE IMPLEMENTED THE BRIMHALL PROTOCOL INTO A 25 YEAR
OLD PRACTICE SEEING 80 PATIENTS A DAY
By Dr Bruce Carrick
- Organization, organization and more systems driven
- High quality new patients through the 6 Steps to Wellness
CD, Brimhall Book, Brimhall Certified Ultimate Web
Sites, Wellness For Life CD, etc.
- Report of findings
- Patient education materials (Brimhall CD's, DVD's, Book, Booklets, etc.)
- Treatment (I do not use 30 minute slots); maximum on each
visit is the adjustment and 2 wellness services (i.e.: footbath
and laser or laser & percussor or laser & A/SERT
- Practice 4 days per week, 40 hours a week, Monday through
- 4-6 new patients per week
- 310-350 patient visits per week
- Schedule 12 adjustments per hour with 10 minutes blocked at
the end of 2 hours for catch up time
- All services a la carte
- Prepay packages available for each service
- No package for all services combined
One "Brimhall Certified back office" employee, all other
staff cross -trained for parts of back office (3 Admin staff)
- I practice out of 3 rooms (2) Adjusting and 1 breakout
- 1 A/SERT/ footbath room
- 2 Exam rooms (multi use footbath, physical
- 1 X-ray room
- You may have to make modifications to your facility
- Purchase new or additional equipment to be efficient
(Brimhall Seminar Office 866-338-4883)
- Hire new staff and have Brimhall Protocol trained at the
Nutri-West Seminars and Certification
- Change the layout of your office for proper flow
To practice wellness care you must either do all of the
procedures yourself or have help. Some/most procedures can be
done by a trained Technical assistant. You make the choice as
each choice has its pluses and minuses. The only way to see as
many patients as I do is to use leverage with trained support
- Must be trained
- Take to Nutri-West Seminars and Certification
- Invest in in-office training time
- Have a trainer come to you if necessary
Please note you do not have to reinvent the wheel. We've
already done that with the Brimhall Protocol and Capacity
Custom fit what it is YOU WANT. You must decide then
proceed. Nutri-West, the Brimhall Team, Ultimate Wellness Web
Sites and Capacity Management
are all ready to help!
- New patient consultation, examination, x-rays. Release to
front desk to schedule ROF (Brimhall Report of Findings).
- Report of findings, recommendation of care and ask for
commitment from the patient
- Review of policies with the patient by the finance C.A. or
Office Manager, (office and patient financial policies).
- First treatment follows patient commitment.
- I explain what I am doing through each step of the
adjustment for the first 2 adjustments.
- Tell the patient what to expect after the adjustment
(especially over the weekend). This is outlined in the ROF.
- Take every opportunity to engage the patient in what this
technology (Total Wellness Care) can do.
- Do not hard sell - educate.
- Do not justify – explain and use the Brimhall educational
- Offer reasonable explanations to their questions so the
patient understands. Work this out on staff first. Roll play
Take every opportunity to advertise in-house, i.e. report of
findings, bulletin boards, staff comments. Bring up and tie in
signs and symptoms that are present but are not major.
- Run Brimhall DVD's and CD's in treatment area.
- Note gas patterns on their x-rays (the presence of rotting
- Brochures on Nutri-West nutrition and on Total Wellness Care
- Prepare packets of information on footbaths, laser, eyelights, and nutrition. Leave these in your reception room
for patients to pick up and read or to take home.
- Choose a Nutri-West nutrient of the week to post in
treatment rooms. I hang mine in a clear plastic sleeve and put
it on the wall. Nutrient information is available from your
- Explain the purpose of exercise or rehab to the patient (in ROF).
- Relate childhood problems i.e. colic, increased crankiness.
- Geriatric care.
- Common ailments such as chemical poisoning, cough
- Scars (treatment and explanation both very important).
- Broken bones and trauma recorded by the body.
- Signs of toxins (swelling, discoloration, joint soreness and
- STRESS/EMOTIONAL ISSUES AND THEIR IMPACT ON THE BODY.
- Areas of organ dysfunction (constipation, incontinence,
headache, allergies, runny nose, sore throat, earache,
dizziness, dyslexia and A.D.D.) "YOU CAN HELP."
- Talk about wellness vs. sickness care and wellness vs.
- If they do not understand, do not try to change their minds. Just
do your "thing," get results and watch them refer
family and friends.
If you cannot decide what, why or how to implement these
procedures properly, Capacity Management can help you in all
phases of wellness care in your practice. It is a great
investment in your future. Both, Dr Brian Anderson and Dr Bruce
Carrick work with Greg Jack in the Wellness Division of
Capacity Management to help doctors implement the Nutri-West
nutrition and the Brimhall Protocol (480-832-1546).
This information was furnished by Dr Bruce Carrick for
educational purposes only to let you know how he sees 80
patients per day doing the Six Step Protocol.
We Look Forward to Seeing YOU Soon,
John W Brimhall, DC and the Wellness Team